2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
BALTIMORE, MD 21202
Our client in Baltimore, MD is looking to add members to their 2nd shift production team.
Will be responsible for general labor, placing linen into machines and catching items, folding, pressing, filling carts, moving carts. Must be able to physically work quickly and stand for the entire shift. May be placed in the Soil Room area at times, receiving and separating soiled linen. Must be comfortable handling soiled laundry (including bodily fluids such as blood, urine and feces), personal protection provided
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and climb stairs at least 8 hours per shift, use arms and hands to reach while cleaning, talking and communicating to co-workers and/or supervisors, and visually inspect items for cleanliness. The employee must be able to move heavy carts of linen.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to extreme heat during the summer months and a cold climate during the winter months. The air quality is subject to have lint in the air from the linen all year round.
Hours: 3pm close of production (typically 11:30pm)
Schedule- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and major holidays
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Manufacturing/production experience - commercial or institutional laundry experience (preferred)
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Strong team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and all major holidays
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (preferred)
- Must be comfortable completing a pre-employment background check
- Must be comfortable in working in different departments between clean and soiled linen